Bumper Easter makes way for the return of the GUKPT in Walsall this week
April has been a mammoth month of Poker for Grosvenor Casinos, after 8 regional Easter Beast tournaments took place across the UK. A huge 3427 players took part and eight new Easter Beast champions have been crowned. Thank you to all of those who took part, making the Easter Beast one of the largest and most unique events in the U.K.
Hot on its heels followed the annual U.K Student Poker Championship hosted at the Grosvenor Casino Coventry in the Ricoh Arena. A total of 917 students took part in the £30+6 buy-in Main Event, which was won late Sunday night by University of Northampton student, Daniel Welsford. This was a very welcome cash injection for the student who is soon expecting his first child and in desperate need to make essential home improvements, turning his student digs into a home for a family.
In true Grosvenor Casinos style, on the same day the UKSPC came to a close in Coventry, Grosvenor Casino Walsall opened its doors to Grosvenor Casinos’ flagship premier poker offering, the GUKPT. Action is already underway in Walsall and will continue all week with plenty of side events and satellites and of course the £100,000 Guaranteed Main Event kicking off this Thursday.
Customers who are unable to make it to Grosvenor Casino Walsall before Thursday can also win their £550 Main Event seat online in Tuesday’s direct satellite. Click here for more details.
Grosvenor Casinos is also debuting its new exclusive promotion for the GUKPT – Play on day 1a of a GUKPT main event and be entered into a free draw where one lucky player will win their stake back. (Please find T’erms and Conditions below)
· Excludes the grand final
· Draw will take place on the same day as soon as the entry period finishes
· There will only be one winner per event
· The winner will win a voucher equivalent to their stake not the registration fee) to be used for a GUKPT event
· The winner will be required to pay the relevant registration fee for the event they choose to use their voucher at
· There is no cash alternative
· Strictly non-transferable
· Where the main event stake is £500 the voucher can be used as part payment for a £1000 seat
· The voucher must be used this calendar year (2017)