We, Mecca Bingo Gaming (Alderney) Limited (a company registered in Alderney under number 1480), comply with the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 2001 (the “Act”), the data controller is Mecca Bingo Gaming (Alderney) Limited.
2. Data Collection
Personal information is collated and stored primarily during the registration process, but is also monitored when there is activity on your account and when you use the website. As with many other websites, we may use software known as ‘cookies’ to store information relating to your preferences to enable us to improve our service to you. Information about website usage and visitors to our website may be shared with reputable third parties for the purpose of targeting our internet advertisements on other sites. The information we collect and share through this technology is not personally identifiable. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you do this you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
Personal data submitted by you to this website will be used for the following purposes only. We will only collect and retain personal data to the extent that it is strictly necessary for our purposes. These purposes are:
- to assist us in setting up and managing your account;
- to build up an accurate customer profile of you;
- to be able to make available to you promotional or relevant information from subsidiaries of our ultimate parent company, The Rank Group Plc and their marketing partners;
- to enable us to comply with all regulatory requirements, in particular those relating to the identification of individuals under money laundering legislation; and disclosure as set out in 3 below.
If you do not wish to receive promotional or relevant information then please tick the appropriate opt-out box during the registration process.
3. Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Personal data which we collect about you when you visit this site will be disclosed only to the following types of persons:
- other subsidiaries of The Rank Group Plc;
- reputable marketing partners selected by us;
- any company or other entity to whom we may sell all or part of our business;
- any competent legal, regulatory or law enforcement authority. In the latter case, you will not be informed of any disclosure nor of any reasons for such disclosure and you hereby waive any and all rights that you may have, whether at law or otherwise, of any nature and in any jurisdiction, in connection with such disclosure;
- exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and our professional advisers or other appropriate third parties, if your use of our gaming services or this website is in breach of these terms and conditions.
4. Data Access and Corrections
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Written requests should be addressed to: The Data Protection Officer at Blue Square Gaming (Alderney)Limited, Statesman House, Stafferton Way, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 1AY.
Upon receipt of your written request we will disclose to you your personal data held by us. We shall also correct or delete inaccurate details, and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes. Changes to certain parts of your account information can also be made by accessing ‘My Account’. We regularly delete data which is no longer required.
5. Opt-Out Information
You can easily opt-out of marketing communications by clicking on the ‘My Account’ section and clicking on ‘Personal Details’, you can then change your ‘Communication’ methods and opt-out or alternatively send us an email to email@example.com and we will change your contact status within 24 hours.
6. Trans-border Data Transfers
Mecca Bingo (Alderney) Limited is part of the worldwide web and because of this your personal data may be transferred outside the European Economic Area. Whenever such transfers are effected pursuant to arrangements made by us, we shall enter into agreements requiring the recipients of your personal data to adhere to standards of data protection substantially similar to those prevailing in the European Economic Area.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. By visiting the website and communicating electronically with us you consent to these transfers. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. Protection of Children
This website is not intended for or directed to persons under the age of 18. Any person who provides their information to us represents to us that they are 18 years of age or older. We reserve the right to access and verify your personal information. If we become aware that a minor has attempted to or has submitted personal information via our website, we will not accept this information and will take steps to remove such information from our records.
8. Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box on the registration form or by accessing ‘My Account’.
10. Governing Law and Disputes
11. Company Information
- Phone Number: 0800 083 1988
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Grosvenor Casinos, Statesman House, Stafferton Way, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 1AY
13. Data destruction
Secure disposal is required for all media as related to the Company’s interactive gambling production site, regardless of the information contained thereon.
In the event of a hard disk failure on a server or storage device special handling is required and the failed disk will be returned to Playtech corporate offices for proper disposal. Under no circumstances will the repair vendor or supplier be allowed to retain the failed disk.
All other media such as CD, tape or diskettes require special handling, for example:
- Backup tapes no longer in rotation cycle
- Operating system images
- Application software